VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Longsheng County in Guilin is well-known for marvelous terraced rice fields and rich cultures of ethnic minorities. Locals respect the land they living by and generally express their deep reverence through various activities, many festivals are consequently celebrated in the area throughout a year. Combing Rice Seedling Festival is one among these colorful activities. As a traditional folk festival in Longji Rice Terraces scenic area, it is held around the Grain in Ear (one of the 24 solar terms) every year.
It is generally known that China is a large agricultural country, though numerous peasants flood into cities to seek jobs these years, people in Longsheng County of Guilin hold fast to the land and still pay much attention to agriculture. Every year the Spring Ploughing Festival is held in Dragon's Backbone (literally Longji) Rice Terraces Scenic Area of Longsheng, attracting visitors from around the world.
If you have been to Guangxi Province, China, you may already know the incredibly beautiful Guilin and Li River. But you may know little about the cuisine tradition of Guilin. Today I will introduce a kind of Guilin food and its culture - Oil-tea. According to the recording documents, Oil-tea can be dated back to China’s Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) when it was called Refreshing Tea.
October marks the harvest time of paddy rice in Guilin; it is also the golden season for our hiking lovers. Recently, I joined a hiking trip organized by a Hiking Club and had the opportunity to admire the idyllic scenery of Huixian County (会仙乡) in Lingui (临桂), a part of Guilin. Azure sky, golden waves of rice paddies, and simple folk customs, left us very good memories.
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari