VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Snacks can be often used to reflect the local material culture and social life style, it is an important feature of a region. For the people who come to Guilin, if there's an opportunity you are suggested to try the local snacks including these introduced in the blog to enrich your trip of the city.
In China, generally speaking, meat and fish dishes are a big part to judge people's cooking skills, so the most well-known dishes in various places are often meat and fish ones. The blog is an introduction to some famous and tasty meat and fish dishes in the counties belonging to Guilin.
Guilin is famous for its beautiful mountains and clear waters. In fact, the delicious food here is also evocative. Because Guilin is a multi-ethnic settlement, the fusion of foods of these ethnic groups has formed its own characteristics in the diet.
If you have been to Guangxi Province, China, you may already know the incredibly beautiful Guilin and Li River. But you may know little about the cuisine tradition of Guilin. Today I will introduce a kind of Guilin food and its culture - Oil-tea. According to the recording documents, Oil-tea can be dated back to China’s Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) when it was called Refreshing Tea.
Nowadays, as people’s living standard rising considerably, they do not favor the traditional greasy food but the bland diet. It is truly much healthier than old habit and healthy diet and weight reduction are gradually changing modern people’s life.
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari