VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
One of my good friends in Guilin is a man from Belgium, an unassuming, softly-spoken man who has one discerning feature: his love of photography and his desire to make 'custom photo tours' one of the principle reasons for travelling in China.Taking photos while travelling is not a new concept, indeed photography has been an inseparable part of travel since commercial touring began; the new phenomenon is tourists visiting a region with the express purpose of capturing the environment through a lens. Guilin is a perfect example; a easily accessible tourists destination, which has not been over-developed and a wide-range of locations perfectly suited to photography: Li River, Longsheng's Longji Rice Terraces, Yangshuo's vibrant West Street and rural landscape surrounding it, or simple the amazing karsts that are dotted all throughout the city of Guilin and its surrounding counties....
For the most classic and popular Guilin Li River cruise tour, the regular boats just start from Mopanshan dock or Zhujiang dock, after sailing 3-4 hours to Yangshuo. Passengers can enjoy one table lunch or buffet lunch on the cruise. For the regular cruise, there is a certain condition, travelers have to arrive in Guilin earlier, then catch the daily morning cruise, the boat schedule is fixed very well, no change or delay at all. ...
China is famous for its stone forests and there are large areas where incredible and strange stone structures shoot from the ground like large ancient trees. These amazing forests rarely leave tourists without a sense of wonderment and awe. It is south China which is home a majority of these amazing destinations, principally in Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Yunnan and Hunan. Here are five of the most remarkable:
VisitOurChina hosted one family group from Holland to enjoy the highlights of Guilin for 4 days this month. As a travel advisor of VisitOurChina, luckily, I got the chance to be their company and made an in-depth site inspection of the attractions in Guilin, such as the Elephant Trunk Hill, the Seven Star Park, the Reed Flute Cave, the Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces and the Yao and Zhuang Ethnic Tribes in Longsheng, the Li River, and the West Street in the ancient town of Yangshuo. To be honest, I have lived in Guilin for almost 8 years but still feel that it is just like an emerald waiting to be explored. So here, I would like to share what we have enjoyed in these 4 days with you. ...
July 22, 2010 Thursday
I received the notice to investigate the Guilin Landscape Golf Resort during my working in the morning. After a short preparation I started the field trip.
5. C++Address: No. 26, Lijiang Road (Building No. 1, behind the Nancheng Department Store)This strictly speaking is not a restaurant because it doesn't sell food, but is one of the most amazing places you could visit in Guilin. The owner from Taiwan has perfected the art of making drinks and deserts; he personally makes all the drinks himself not using powder but hand-making everything personally. Despite its small, hard-to-find location it's always packed and has earned a reputation. Though the drinks there are noticeably more expensive than your average caf (10-15 Yuan) they are more than worth it. Everything there is amazing, but particularly the green tea milk-shake and the mango pudding, defiantly worth a try....
There's undoubtedly A LOT to do around Guilin, one activity I may suggest for those of you who have seen your fair share of mountains and gardens is white-water rafting, or as the Chinese weirdly translate it 'driftage'. There are several white water sites spread throughout Guilin and its 12 satellite cities but the one that is generally regarded as being the most worthwhile is located in the tourist centre of Yangshuo, Long Jing He （龙颈河）.
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari