VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Lanzhou is the provincial capital of the small Islamic province of Gansu in North-west China, it accounts for 3.5% of China's total population and only 2.3% of its GDP, it is easy to miss on a map, tucked in between Qinghai, Inner-Mongolia and Shanxi, I went there hoping to uncover some hidden wonders in a place that many tourists, both domestic and foreign choose to visit. ...
The scenic desert area of Sha Po Tou lies around ninety minutes south-west of the small Islamic city of Yinchuan, Ningxia Province. It is an area seldom visited by foreign tourists, but boasts some most amazing scenery and eerie desert landscapes. The desert of China always reminds me of the Silk Road in ancient China.
After seeing the doctor in Hong Kong I needed to find my way to North-west China to begin my summer holiday adventures which consist of trekking up and down the province of Gansu to visit Dunhuang, Jiayuguan, Lanzhou, Wuwei and Zhangye. However, due severe budgetary constraints flying was out of the question, the only other practical means of reaching my destination was subjecting myself to the joys of rail travel. ...
After seriously injuring my knee while playing soccer in a university competition in early May and said knee not showing any sign of healing I had to go to Hong Kong to seek expert medical attention, after finding the standard of medical treatment in Guilin somewhere short of satisfactory. It's been a long time since I've visited Hong Kong and this time it left me with a striking impression. ...
July 22, 2010 Thursday
I received the notice to investigate the Guilin Landscape Golf Resort during my working in the morning. After a short preparation I started the field trip.
5. C++Address: No. 26, Lijiang Road (Building No. 1, behind the Nancheng Department Store)This strictly speaking is not a restaurant because it doesn't sell food, but is one of the most amazing places you could visit in Guilin. The owner from Taiwan has perfected the art of making drinks and deserts; he personally makes all the drinks himself not using powder but hand-making everything personally. Despite its small, hard-to-find location it's always packed and has earned a reputation. Though the drinks there are noticeably more expensive than your average caf (10-15 Yuan) they are more than worth it. Everything there is amazing, but particularly the green tea milk-shake and the mango pudding, defiantly worth a try....
The great-wall is a must for every traveller heading to Beijing, it is truly both awe-inspiring and culturally enriching experience, but if you have already been to the world-renowned Badaling Great Wall and are searching for somewhere more untamed and commercialised why not try the sections of the Great Wall at Simatai? ...
One of the most enriching travelling experiences I have ever had was on an island little known to foreign tourists located in Zhejiang Province in eastern China. The island is called Putuo Shan. The island itself is located about an hour by boat from the small sea-side town of Ningbo (宁波)(itself too worth a visit!) and around eight to nine hours from Shanghai for those of you who enjoy longer boat rides!
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari