a. 2008 Beijing Olympic Games (The 29th Olympic Games)
Time: Aug.8, 2008 – Aug.24, 2008
Host City: Beijing, China
Slogan: One World, One Dream
Logo: Dancing Beijing, a stylised calligraphic character Jing (京, standing for 北京 Beijing)
Mascots: Five Fuwa, or five Friendlies, names Beibei, Jingjing, Huanhuan, Yingying and Nini, composing the phrase of Welcome to Beijing in Chinese.
It was the first Olympic Games to be held in China, and it was the third one in Asia after Tokyo, Japan in 1964 and Seoul, South Korea in 1988. A total number of 11,438 athletes from 204 countries and regions competed in 28 sports and 302 events. 43 new world records and 132 new Olympic records were set in the games.
b. Olympics Games and China
In the 23rd Olympics in Los Angeles, USA, the shooting athlete Xu Haifeng won the gold medal at the slow-launched 60 pistol champion; it was the first gold medal in Olympics of the People’s Republic of China.
Beijing successfully held the 11th Asia Games
Olympic Games Bid Committee of China was founded in Beijing.
On Jul.13, Beijing was awarded the 2008 Olympics with an absolute majority of votes from members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Beijing successfully held the 29th Summer Olympic Games
Hot Tours 2022
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour