Wuxi travel guide
Located 128 kilometers from Shanghai and 183 kilometers from Nanjing, Wuxi is one of the important traffic hubs of Jiangsu Province. Wuxi has an area of 4788 square kilometers and a population of about 4,700,000 and is hailed as the pearl on the Taihu Lake. It is also a famous historic and cultural city with a history of over 3000 years, where the Wu Culture and the South Yangtze River Culture were cultivated. Early in the Ming Dynasty, Wuxi had been known around the country for its brick-making, iron-melting, ceramics, silk reeling and cloth-weaving; and it was considered as the small Shanghai since the 20th century. More information about Wuxi »
Top Attractions in Wuxi
Turtle Head Island
Built in 1918 and adjoining theTaihu Lake, the Turtle Head Island is a park considered as a must-see among all of the parks inWuxi. Consisting of natural mountains and lakes, this 75-acre park has over 10 scenic spots of natural landscape, rural scenery and classical Chinese gardens.
Taihu Lake, the third of China's five largest fresh-water lakes, is a beautiful national-level scenic spot as well as the cradle of the Wu and Yue cultures.Dotted with isolated islands, multi-peaked mountains, lush vegetation, it creates a natural Chinese painting with nice landscapes of Wuxi City, elegant Suzhou gardens, historic relics of the Wu Dynasty and the Yixing Karst Caves accompanying along the bank.
Wuxi weather forecast
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour