VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Dunhuang Museum, formerly an Archaeology Office, which is subordinated to Cultural Center of the city, Dunhuang Museum was officially founded in October, 1979. Dunhuang Museum is a comprehensive topography one principally exhibits historic and cultural relics. Now it has collected over 4000 precious cultural relics in the locality.
Mogao Grottoes locates 25 km southeast of Dunhuang City, we drove about 30 minutes to there. As an important strategic location on the Silk Road in the ancient times, Mogao Grottoes was not only a transfer station of east-west trade but also an intersection where oriental and western religions, cultures and knowledge combined.
Singing Sand Mountains & Crescent Moon Spring scenic spot, the particular geographic landform around the lake prevents it from being buried in the desert; on the other hand, the underflows beneath it also ensure continuous source for it. Therefore, the lake has never dried up or buried by drifting sands in spite of locating among sand dunes, it is a miracle in the desert. Also, it makes the place more beautiful and romantic, like a drop of tear from heaven.
Dunhuang, one of the most brilliant cultural cities on Silk Road, it is famous in the world for its Mogao Mogao Grottoes and desert, Dunhuang city is just surrounded by Gobi and desert, so Dunhuang is also known as the City of Sands or Shazhou (sandbank) due to its long expanses of sand dunes and golden shiny houses.
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari