Guyuan travel guide
Guyuan City is located in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, approximately between the three main provincial capitals in the northwest: Xi'an, Lanzhou and Yinchuan. In ancient times Guyuan was once a key economic, transport and military hub in Northwest China, and to this day remains the cradle of Islamic culture in the upper reaches of the Yellow River. Sitting in Ningxia's southern corner as a key position of the ancient Silk Road, the old town of Guyuan is rich in Islamic architecture with bright colors painted across ancient mud-brick buildings. More information about Guyuan »
Top Attractions in Guyuan
Guyuan Great Wall
The Yellow River along with the Yangtze River are the two main cradles of Chinese civilization, the richest areas of Chinese culture and history all follow the flow of these two great rivers. The Great Wall is one of the most remarkable achievements of ancient Chinese civilization and it meets the Yellow River in Guyuan. Qin and Han Dynasties all had a significant presence in Northwestern Ch...
The Guyuan Museum was established to collect ethnic treasures and artifacts that trace back through the history of the Silk Road. It is the largest museum in Southern Ningxia, with a considerable collection of culturally important treasures, going as far back as the Paleolithic age. Opened in 1985 by the Ningxia Provincial Government, the museum contains over 30,000 relics including some exam...
Guyuan weather forecast
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour