Tang (618 – 907)
After the unified two Han dynasty, China underwent the warring and scattered Three Kingdom Period, Western Jin Dynasty, Eastern Jin Dynasty, Southern and Northern Dynasties and Sui Dynasty successively for about 400 years. In 618 AD, Li Yuan (Emperor Tanggaozu) established the Tang Dynasty, which is commonly seen as the most puissant and flourishing dynasty in Chinese history. His son Li Shimin (Emperor Tangtaizong), who led the country to the summit of Chinese feudalism, adopted series of enlightened policies and further developed agriculture, handicraft industry, commerce, weaving, tintage, ceramics, metal smelting, shipbuilding and many other technologies at that time. In 760s, Tang Dynasty had ruled the Tarim Basin, Junggar Basin, regions along the Ili River and even made influence in many cities of Central Asia. Meanwhile, communications in economy and culture with Japan, Korea, India, Persia, Arab and other countries and regions made China known to more and more countries in the world.
More Topics for Chinese Culture
Far and wide known as Kungfu (功夫) all over the world, Chinese martial art is also called Wugong (武功) or Wushu (武术) at home by Chinese people. It can be seen as an art of attack and defense in which a series of skills and trick are highly emphasize...
Being a vivid Chinese cultural specialty as well as Kungfu and traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese tea has been being developed in China for a long time accompanied with which a series of tea culture took shape. Widely known in Chinese history as a...
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour