VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
My Silk Road tour –on the way to Zhangye
After finishing the sightseeing tour in Xiahe, we were driven back to Lanzhou, from where we would head for Zhangye.
We passed by a small Tibetan village at a place called Panda Valley on the way back to Lanzhou. Houses are built along the hillside, which attracted us when we had a leisure walk there. The Tibetans in the village all greeted us warmly, making us feel very friendly.
It took about three hours from the village to Lanzhou railway station by driving. Then we boarded the bullet train from Lanzhou to Zhangye and started the 4.5-hour “sightseeing trip” on the train. The high-speed train passed through numerous tunnels, crossed Qilian Mountains, and the snow-capped mountains could be seen from the window -the scenery along the way is really pleasing!
Around evening we arrived in Zhangye, a place vital to the ancient Silk Road. Looking forward to a wonderful tour here…
To be continued…
--by Sandy Ren (VisitOurChina)
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari