Dule Temple / Temple of Solitary Joy
Dule Temple located on the West Street of the Ji County of Tianjin City, built in the Tang Dynasty and dedicated to the Goddess of Mercy, was had more than 1000 remaining years of life histories, is one of China's most ancient wood constructions.
Inside the temple the 23-meter-high Temple of Goddess of Mercy represents the highest double-story wooden temple in China and also it's oldest. The statue of the Goddess of Mercy that adorns the temple is 16 meters high with ten small head portraits, making it one of the largest and most spectacular color clay sculptures in China. All the walls of the temple are intricately detailed with murals depicting important Buddhist icons, entering this temple really is an overwhelming sensation with a kaleidoscope of color and art as well as a window of learning about Buddhism.
Buses from Tianjin to Dule temple in Ji County leave from the Hebei Bus Station (located on Jianchang Road) every 10 minutes; the journey takes around 2-2.5 hours. Buses to Ji County also depart from Beijing Sihui Bus Station. Upon arriving in Ji County, it is a 15 minute walk to the drum-tower and the Dule Temple.
Top attractions in Tianjin
Hot Tours 2022
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771