Shigatse is an all the year around destination. It boasts a great many unique religious buildings which can be visited at any time, such as Tashi Lhunpo Monastery, Shalu Monastery, Rongbuk Monastery, etc. However, if you want to explore the Mount Everest, you are advised to arrange your tour during April and June, on account of extremely cold weather in and around the snowy mount between October and April next year. In addition, the rainy season of Shigatse falls in July and August when the mountain is shrouded in misty rain.
Shigatse enjoys abundant sunshine with the annual average temperature being 2 Celsius degree. Average temperature of winter is around minus 6 Celsius degree and summer 10 Celsius degree. The climate has the following characteristics: thin air, low air pressure, a lack of oxygen, strong solar radiation, long sunshine duration, low temperature, small annual temperature different, clear temperature difference between day and night, and clear distinction between dry season and rainy season.
Hot Tours 2021
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour