Located on the southeast edge of Taklimakan desert, Qiemo falls into continental desert climate. The force 8-12 winds hit the county annually 15.9 days on average; the county suffers from sand storms 20.5 days on average, floating dust 193.7 days. The annual precipitation is 18.6 millimetres, while the evaporation capacity is 2,507 millimetres. The frost-free days are 165 days, and the daily range can be as much as 24℃.
The best time to visit Qiemo is in autumn when the climate is not too harsh and the fruits and melons are ripening.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour