Lingyun Mountain (Lingyun Shan) has been a Buddhist shrine since the Tang Dynasty and numerous monasteries have been built at the site over the years. On the hill here is a relatively new temple complex affording excellent views of Dafo himself and containing hundreds of statues.
There is an Oriental Buddha park (dongfang fodu) here which contains over 3000 Buddhist statues and a 170m long reclining Buddha- among the largest in the world. The Mahaoya Tomb Mausoleum (Mahaoyamu bowuguan) is also located on the mountain. This is a Han dynasty building containing tombs and other burial artifacts from the Han dynasty.
Hot Tours 2021
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771