Yanshui Pavilion / Water and Mist Pavilion
The Yanshui Pavilion (or Water and Mist Pavilion) is located in the city of Jiujiang, sitting in the Gantang Lake that covers an area over 1,400 square meters, like a small island the pavilion stands alone. The existing structure today is last repaired in Qing Dynasty. The pavilion is said to be the place that Zhou Yu, a famous governor of Eastern Wu Dynasty during the Three Kingdoms Period, trained his naval; and Bai Juyi, who was a very renowned poet as well as an official of Tang Dynasty, also used to spend his spare time there.
The Yanshui Pavilion has many quarters, including a banquet hall, Chunyang hall, Qinyue Pavilion, Zhongmiao Pagoda as well as many others. The pavilion's name is derived from its location in the middle of a lake and the mist that often shrouds it in the early morning.
Top attractions in Jiujiang
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771