Located in temperate zone, Jiayuguan has a continental dessert climate with annual average temperature ranging from 6.7℃ to 7.7℃. The city enjoys about 8000 hours of sunlight annually. January is the coldest month with the lowest temperature being -28.6℃. Temperature soars up in summer and typically peak in July with temperature up to 38℃.
The best time to visit is between May and October. In mid-July, Jiayuguan International Gliding Festival will be held with wonderful performances and competitions. October is the right time to climb the Qiyi Plateau Glacier (July 1st Glacier).
Hot Tours 2021
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour