Haikou has a typical tropical marine climate and annual sunshine duration of over 2,000 hours. The annual temperature in Haikou is around 26 °C (79 °F) and annual rainfall is 1664 mm (65.5 inches). More than 150 days in Haikou have more than 1 mm (0.04 inch) of rainfall each year. Unlike the inland cities, the temperature does not change much from season to season. Winter may even be warm, making Haikou an ideal place for tourists to spend their winter holiday.
Heavy rains and high temperatures are most likely in Haikou during the summer months (June to August). Storms and typhoons hit Hainan Island four to five times each year during the autumn, making spring and winter the best seasons to visit.
Hot Tours 2023
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour