Fenghuang is located in the southwest of Xiangxi Tujia and Miao Autonomous Region in Hunan Province. There is neither airport nor train station in Fenghuang. At present, the main transportation to get in Fenghuang is by bus. If by air, people can choose fly to Zhangjiajie Lotus Airport or Tongren Daxing Airport first and then transfer to Fenghuang by Bus. If by train, people can choose train to Zhangjiajie, Jishou, Huaihua or Tongren, and then transfer to Fenghuang by bus.
Fenghuang Ancient Town is quite small; it is within walking distance to almost every corner. However, taxis (pricing starts from CNY3.5 in low season, from CNY5 in high season) and battery trucks (cost only CNY1/p) are also available in the town. To have a better view of Diaojiaolou, dwellings of local Miao people, to take a boat on Tuojiang River is a good choice. As for attractions outside the ancient town, about CNY150 can charter a minibus for one day (with 8 working hours).
Hot Tours 2023
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour