The Wudangzhao Lamasery is the largest and most well-reserved Tibetan lamasery in Inner-Mongolia. It belongs to the group of the three grand lamaseries in China together with the Potala Palace in Tibet and the Kumbum Monastery in Qihai. In Mongolian "Wudang" means "willow", the temple is situates right amidst the willow-shaded area and that is why it was named "Wudangzhao".
The Wudangzhou Lamasery is copied directly from the great Tashilhunpo Monastery in Tibet. The floor plan includes six halls and extensive bronze works and large statues of Buddhist icons, impressing monks from all over China.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771