Located 3500 meters above sea level, Tongren (Repkong in Tibetan) has a continental plateau climate, characterized by distinct dry and wet seasons and strong solar radiation. Winter here is long, cold and dry. The lowest temperature in winter can be minus 40℃.
Summer (July-September) is the best season to visit Tongren when the daytime is long, temperature is moderate, and grasslands are green. Winter may also draw visitors because the Monlam Festival is celebrated at the begging of Tibetan New Year (December or January).
Hot Tours 2021
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour