Macao International Airport is located in Taipa, only a 15-min-driving to the passenger terminal, a 20-min-driving to Portas do Cerco and only a 5-min-driving to Coloane-Taipa border. It has regular flights not only to many cities of mainland China but also to cities in other Asia areas, Europe, and America.
Public buses No.AP1, MT1, MT2, N2, 21 and 26 can transfer passengers to downtown area. In addition, taxis are also available which charge MOP3 for each luggage apart from the mileage fare.
If depart from Hong Kong or Shenzhen, helicopter is the most convenient and fastest mean of transportation.
Macau- Hong Kong: it only takes 16 minutes. The helicopter in Central Hong Kong takes off at Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal, the third floor of Shun Tak Centre from 09:30 to 22:59; in Macau, it is at the passenger terminal of New Outer Harbor from 09:00 to 22:00.
Macau- Shenzhen: also takes off at the passenger terminal of New Outer Harbor at 09:45, 13:15, 14:45, 16:45 and 19:45; while from Shenzhen, it departs at Shenzhen Baoan Airport at 11:45, 13:45, 15:15, 17:15 and 20:30. The flight takes 15 minutes in day time and 25 minutes at night.
Moreover, visitors can also choose fly to Hong Kong International Airport first and then transfer to Macao by following ways:
- by Turbojet Sea Express, which takes about 45 minutes and costs about MOP335. It is time-saving, convenient and fast because passengers only need to make some simple confirmation before boarding without complicated entry and exit procedures. The luggages can be sent to the destination directly.
- take airport express, bus No.A11 or taxi to Hong Kong- Macau Ferry Terminal first and then take helicopter to Macau. The airport express departs every 12 minutes from 05:54 to 00:48 and charges about HKD100; after arrive in Hong Kong Station, take a taxi with about HKD20 to the ferry terminal. No.A11 bus runs every 20-25 minutes from 06:10 to 00:30 and charges HKD40. If take taxi directly, it will take 30 minutes and about HKD400.
To get to Macao by sea, there are two passenger terminals are available in Hong Kong, one is in Shun Tak Centre which can provides helicopter, turbojet and ship, and the other is located in Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, and offers catamaran to Macau. Both the helicopter and ships arrive in Macau at Macau Maritime Ferry Terminal, the outer harbor of Macau Peninsula. To depart for Hong Kong, it is suggested to get to the port 30 minutes ahead to go through the formalities.
In Qiguan Station, air-condition coaches are open from 07:15 to 09:30 departing for most cities of Guangdong Province.
(From Macau to mainland China via land, there are two passageways, the frontier inspection offices in Portas do Cerco and in Qubbah, which open from 07:00 to 00:00. Lotus Bridge is the other land route to mainland China, and the opening time for travelers of the frontier inspection office in Coloane-Taipa is 09:00-20:00.)
Public bus- buses basically run from 06:00 to midnight at 24:00. In general, buses runs in the city proper costs MOP3.2, costs MOP4.2 to Taipa, MOP 5 to Coloane, MOP 6.4 to Hac Sa Beach, and MOP 4.2 to the airport. Passengers need to prepare small money in advance. No.11, 22, 28A, 30, 33 and 34 run between Macau Peninsula and Taipa, No.AP1, MT1, MT2, N2, 21 and 26 run to the port, and No.21, 21A, 25, 26 and 26A run among Macau, Taipa and Coloane.
Taxi- Macau taxi is in bright yellow, or black in body and cream on the roof. Pricing starts at MOP13 (within 1600m), and MOP1.5 for subsequent every 230 meters. In addition, it charges MOP1.5 for standing for hire, and MOP3 for each large luggage. Additional MOP5 is charged if take taxi at the airport or get to Coloane from Macau, additional MOP2 is charged if get to Taipa from Coloane.
(Taxi calling service is available in Macau; call the taxi office and tell the location, taxi is sent at once, and the taxi calling number are (853) 28519519, 28939939, 85000000 or 28283283 )
Car rental- Macau has two car rental companies providing mini-jeep, which can hold 4 persons. On the average, each car charges MOP450 in ordinary days and MOP500 on weekends for each day (from 09:00 in the morning to 18:00 in the afternoon). Anyone who is older than 21 years old and holds international driver’s licensee can rent the car.
Rickshaw- It is a characteristic as well as an excellent tourism transportation mean in Macau. To take a rickshaw wandering Nam Wan and Sai Wan is one of the programs popular among visitors. As a rule, MOP150 for an hour and less than MOP100 can reach one of the attractions in the city.
Bicycle- If prefer a leisure way to roam in Macau, by bicycle is the best choice. Visitors can rent a bicycle in Taipa, but please notice that bicycle is forbidden on the bridge connecting Macau Peninsula with Taipa.
Hot Tours 2023
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour