The Liuwan Tombs are located near the Liuwan Village of Ledu County, 17kilometers from the downtown of the county town. These tombs cover an area of over 11 square kilometers and are over 4,000 years old, and are the largest collection of tombs of primitive society to be found in China to this day.
At this time 1730 tombs have been excavated and nearly 40,000 artifacts have been discovered. The tombs belong to a Neolithic Chinese culture known as Majiayao; the earthenware, weaponry and script share only a distant relationship with that of other parts of China. Many of the pots and jugs discovered are decorated with colored pictures.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771