Three Gorges Museum
Founded in 1951, the Three Gorges Museum in Chongqing, which is one of the largest museums in south-west China, is not only a topical museum of the Yangtze Three Gorges but also a comprehensive museum of history and arts. It sits on the western side of the People's Square in Chongqing City, its unique architectural design makes it one of the most interesting and modern architectural feats of its time.
Containing over 170,000 relics and artifacts from the surrounding region, the 23,000 metres floor-space of the museum is divided into four major exhibition halls with several themes, one of the halls dedicated to the 'history and spirit of the splendid Three Gorges', one dedicated to the 'long history of the ancient Bashu area', one dedicated to the history of the Japanese invasion of Chongqing and one to the history and development of Chongqing itself. The museum is also home to one of China's most precious artifacts. All of the above make it a must-see in Chongqing.
How to get to the Three Gorges Museum
Passengers can catch a bus to the People's Hall and walk across the square.
Top attractions in Chongqing
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771