VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Oil-tea of Guanyang County, Guilin
If you have been to Guangxi Province, China, you may already know the incredibly beautiful Guilin and Li River. But you may know little about the cuisine tradition of Guilin. Today I will introduce a kind of Guilin food and its culture - Oil-tea. According to the recording documents, Oil-tea can be dated back to China’s Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) when it was called Refreshing Tea. Nowadays, the habitat of drinking Oil-tea has spread all around Guilin, for example we have Gongcheng County Oil-tea, Xing’an County Oil-tea, Ziyuan County Oil-tea, Guanyang County Oil-tea and etc, among which the Gongcheng County Oil-tea is the most famous one. But here I recommend the Guangyang County Oil-tea. Although it is not as famous as the Gongcheng Oil-tea, I think it is healthier. People cook Oil-tea in their lunch or dinner time, or even during the breakfast. You may think they are crazy, but Oil-tea is exactly crazily favored by many Guilin people. Drinking Oil-tea is not just a kind of cuisine, it is also a important social communicating tool for the Guilin people.
How to cook Guanyang Oil-tea?
Ingredients: fried rice, noodles or rice noodles, peanuts, salty pork ribs, tea leaves, green Chinese onion, mushroom, mung bean, vegetables, and white sugar or red sugar.
- Xavier (VisitOurChina)
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari