Sitting between the Taihu Lake and the Dragon Mountain, Meiyuan (Chinese: 梅园), or Plum Garden, is 1.5 kilometers from the Taihu Lake and about 5 kilometers from downtown Wuxi. Just like its name implies, inside the garden 40 breeds of plums trees are planted anywhere. With a nice wish of "bestrewing sweet fragrance to the land under heaven", Mr. Rong Zongjing and Mr. Rong Desheng, pioneers of national industry of China in early 1900s, bought the land now known as Plum Garden and began to plant plum tress in the garden.
For nearly about 90 years, the garden has collected about 8000 plum trees, many of which were introduced from Suzhou, Yangzhou, Hangzhou, Chengdu, Wuhan, Changshu and Anhui. To this day, this private family garden of Mr. Rong has been become a 542,000-square-meters public scenic spot combining natural landscapes, historic relics, rare plants and flowers, garden architecture, items of recreation and fitness,
What to see in Plum Garden?
Charming plum trees, Chinese wistaria, old cypresses, laurels, bizarre stone, stone inscriptions, Soul Cleaning Stream, Tianxin Stand, Jili Pavilion, Qingfen Pavilion, Zhaohe Pavilion, Nianqu Tower, Lenong Villa, etc.
Hot Tours 2019
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771