The Great Mosque is located in the northwest of Tianjin's Hongqiao District and was built is 1644, only to be re-constructed later in 1801. It is the most significant and grand example of Islamic architecture in Tianjin. The temple is large in scale, with over 1000 meters floor space it is designed to hold up to a thousand people at one time, the cultural center attached to the Mosque is the center for Islamic activities in Tianjin.
The exterior of the temple is incredibly decorated with large wooden plaques with the writings in both Chinese and Arabic by noted Chinese scholars and prophets. Inside the temple is a half-sized version of the Koran which is one of the most treasured Islamic texts kept within China.
Top attractions in Tianjin
Hot Tours 2019
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771