Location: Nêdong County, Shannan Prefecture in the Tibet Autonomous Region.
Opening time: 09:00 - 16:00.
Built in 7th century during the reign of ancient Tibet King Songtsen Gampo, Trandruk Monastery is about two kilometers away from Nedong County. It is a great place to visit for the special architecture (the famous cupreous bell and the grand Pearl Thangka), the unique Tibet religion culture, as well as the spectacular natural scenery (blue sky and verdant trees) that surrounds the monastery.
Trandruk Monastery consists of two buildings, respectively, the main hall and the Naiding Lakang which is a chapel. The main hall has a huge buddha statue entirely built from copper. Naiding Kangla has many special buddha statues.
Pearl Thangka - it is the most famous and precious object of Trandruk Monastery. It is a picture painted by pearls to describe the image of sleeping Goddess of Mercy. It is 2 meters long, 1.2 meters wide, consisting of 29026 pearls, including one diamond, two rubies, one sapphire, 1997 coral beads, 185 turquoises and other precious stones. It is not easy to keep this precious relic.
Top attractions in Lhokha
Hot Tours 2017
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771