Guyuan travel guide
Guyuan City is located in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, approximately between the three main provincial capitals in the northwest: Xi'an, Lanzhou and Yinchuan. In ancient times Guyuan was once a key economic, transport and military hub in Northwest China, and to this day remains the cradle of Islamic culture in the upper reaches of the Yellow River. Sitting in Ningxia's southern corner as a key position of the ancient Silk Road, the old town of Guyuan is rich in Islamic architecture with bright colors painted across ancient mud-brick buildings. More information about Guyuan »
Top Attractions in Guyuan
The Qiuqianjia Rack is located 10 kilometers to the north of Jingyuan County and is home to the famous Kong Tong Mountain tourist resort. Here, beneath the mountain rests are deep gorge which inside contains a perfect symmetrical rock frame which seems to resemble a rack, hence the name. Legend claims that one a heroine of the ancient Song Dynasty used to play on a swing here and the rack is ...
Liangdian Gorge literally translates into Chinese as The Cool Gorge and is located 20 kilometers south of Jingyuan County. Here the uneven terrain rises and dips creating a deep gorge that stretches for 10 kilometers, with a clear stream running along its base. The gorge is also home to large groups of bizarre rock formations. The gorge is a favorite holiday location for locals and tourists ...
Guyuan PhotosAll Photos of Guyuan»
Guyuan weather forecast
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour