Epicenter Site of 5.12 Wenchuan Earthquake
Located in Yingxiu Town of Wenchuan County, about 78km away from Chengdu, the Epicenter Site of 5.12 Wenchuan Earthquake is preserved to remember the massive natural disaster happened in Sichuan Province.
Yingxiu Town, the “south gate” of the Aba Tibetan and Qiang Autonomous Prefecture, is the only way to enter and exit Jiuzhaigou, Wolong and Mt. Siguniangshan. It is also the epicenter of the 5.12 Wenchuan Earthquake. People here never forget the calamitous natural phenomena happened at 14:28:04 on May 12, 2008, a magnitude-8.0 earthquake destroyed Yingxiu this beautiful and prosperous town in former times. The strong quake started here, along with the horrible bang, millions of cubic meters of rock fragments pour down from steep cliffs, causing turbulent rock flows and forming a rock flow of nearly 3 kilometers in the shape of the valley. Over 50% of the people in the town died and thousands of families lose their loved ones in the earthquake.
Before the damaging quake, Xuankou Middle School was the landmark building in the town. Now the destroyed school building is the main part of the Site. The broken clock surface represents the scene of the torn earth and the change of mountains and rivers. The time will always be fixed at 2:28 pm.
Top attractions in Aba
Hot Tours 2019
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771