Gaomiao Temple (or Gaomiao Temple) is located in the north of Zhongwei, as is built-in as part of the city wall. This temple was constructed in the early 1500s during the Ming Dynasty with an original name of "Xinmiao". However shortly after the completion it was destroyed by an earthquake, it was later rebuilt as renamed "Jade Emperor Pavilion" but after completion became known as Gaomiao Temple. With a floor space of 2150 square meters Gaomiao Temple is a structure syncretizing Confucianism, Buddhism and Taoism and now becomes one of Ningxia's icons.
The special features of the Gaomiao Temple include a large center hall, elegant design as well as being durable in case of attack, the high ceilings are also a feature. There are over 260 rooms within the temple. From the top of the temple it is possible to see far into the distance, a great vantage point for spotting oncoming attacks.
The temple also has spiritual significance, with the strong perfume of incense constantly floating and consuming every room, the temple itself is under heritage protection by the Ningxia Provincial Government.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771