Zhangjiajie enjoys central Asia tropical mountain prototype monsoon climate with distinct four seasons. In spring and summer, it is cool while in autumn and winter, it is warm. The average temperature is 16.4 to 16.8 °C and the frost-free periods last 245 to 268 days. The city has the average sunlight hours of 1449 hours. In effect, the meteorological feature of Zhangjiajie city is quite different from that of its scenic areas. Take Zhangjiajie National Forest Park for example. The temperature here is 5°C or so lower than that in the downtown due to its 98% forest coverage.
Generally, from april to October is the tour peak period. And the best time to visit Zhangjiajie is during the spring or autumn. When spring sets in, you will find fragrant grass, petals falling in profusion; when it comes to autumn, the sky is high and kiwi fruit, tangerine and other juicy fruits are ripe awaiting your taste buds.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour