There is no airport or railway available in Huangnan Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture where the Tongren County is located. So it can only be reached by bus.
-By long-distance bus
Tongren Bus Station is located on Dongshan Road in Longwu Town (the county seat of Tongren). CNY5 by taxi will get you to the bus station from almost anywhere within the town. Bus Routes for reference:
1. Tongren - Xining: hourly, 181km, 4-5 hr, CNY30.
2. Tongren - Zeku: many, 90km, 2 hr, CNY25.
3. Tongren - Jianzha: many, 60km, 1.5 hr, around CNY20.
4. Tongren - Lingxia: 08:00 daily, 3 hr, CNY34.
5. Tongren - Xiahe: 08:00 daily, 3 hr, CNY21.
6. Tongren -Xunhua: five daily from 08:00 to15:00, 2.5 hr, CNY14.
There is no public bus in Longwu Town. It is CNY 5 to almost anywhere within the town including to Longwu Monastery. A taxi to Wutun Temple or Gomar Gompa costs around CNY10.
It usually costs CNY200 per day to hire a car in Tongren.
Hot Tours 2016
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour