Located 32 kilometres away from the downtown, Shenzhen Baoan International Airport covers an area of 2718 acres. The airport is the first among China modern international air harbour with combined transport by sea, air and rail. As the fourth largest air harbours in China, Shenzhen Baoan International Airport is one of the busiest airports around China and one of the most important bases in Pearl River Delta. So far, there are more than 110 domestic airlines and 14 international airlines, with many flights between Shenzhen and some European and US cities.
- The first airport shuttle departs from the airport at 07:30, with the followings running every 20 minutes, and terminates in West Square of Luo Hu Railway Station.
- The first airport shuttle departs from the Lianhua Building at 06:20, with the followings running every 15 minutes, and the departure time of the last airport shuttle is 21:00. It will take you 35 minutes or so non-stop to reach the airport. It is suggested that you should catch up the shuttle two hours early before the aeroplane takes off.
- There are buses to Hong Kong airport, Kowloon, Wan Chai and Hong Kong Disneyland. They run every 20 minutes and the price ranges from 110yuan to 200yuan.
- Taxies are available from Shenzhen airport to the downtown area. The price is about 130yuan if your destination is around International Foreign Trade Center, highway toll fees included.
Shenzhen has a developed and sophisticated railway network. Trains bound for Beijing, Shanghai, Changsha, Fuzhou, Guilin, Jiujiang, Wuchang, Yueyuang, Zhengzhou, Changde, Xi’an, Shenyang, Shantou and any other cities are available here.
Shenzhen possesses five railway stations: Shenzhen Railway Station, Shenzhen North Station, Shenzhen West Station, Shenzhen Futian Station and Shenzhen East Station. Shenzhen Railway Station is directly connected with the major cities along the way and has 12 pairs of trains to Hong Kong. Every day, almost 50 pairs of trains depart from here. Shenzhen North Station is the hub of high-speed rails of Shenzhen city as well as the pivot of passenger rail transport of Southern China.
The main railway lines include Guangzhou-Shenzhen, Beijing-Kowloon, Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong high-speed rails, and Xiamen-Shenzhen.
Besides, Beijing-Guangzhou rails and Beijing-Kowloon rails cross one another in Shenzhen.
The city is blessed with 7 passenger depots with the routes stretching over such major cities of Mainland China as Guangzhou, Dongguan, Huizhou and Special Administrative Regions (SARs) of Hong Kong and Macau. Every day, more than 150 air-conditioned large-sized buses are running from Guangzhou to Shenzhen. Moreover, shuttle buses come to and fro between Hong Kong and Shenzhen 300 times each day.
If you are a shopping fanatic, you can go to many stores by Sightseeing Bus, a special line for shopping. The route of the bus goes like this: Jibu Checkpoint – Jibu Famers Market – Walmart – Children’s Park – Maoye Department Store – Shun Hing Square – World of Women – Bijia Hill Park – Lianhua Bei – Xia Meilin – Meilin Yicun – Futian Agricultural Wholesale Market. Wherever you get in the bus, you have to pay 3yuan.
Shenzhen has Yantian, Chiwan, Shekou and other harbours as well as 176 berths by the end of 2010. Every day, regular ships travel back and forth between Shenzhen and Zhuhai, Guangzhou, Macao, Hong Kong and Kowloon.
High-speed passenger liners go from Fuyong Pier at Baoan International Airport to Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Pier, China Ferry Terminal of Kowloon and Sky Pier at Hong Kong airport. Besides, seven yachts bound for Macao are available.
Till now, you have access to 5 lines of Shenzhen Metro. They are Line 1 from Luohu port to Shenzhen airport, Line 2 from Chiwan of Nanshan to Xinxiu Village of Luohu, Line 3 from Yitian Village of Futian to Shuang of Longgang, Line 4 from Futian port to Qqing Lake of Longhua, and Line 5 from Qianhai Bay of Nanshan to Huangbeiling of Luohu.
The service time of Shenzhen Metro is from 06:30 to 23:00; the ticket price starts at 2yuan.
There are three kinds of buses in Shenzhen, including main line, branch line, and express, each having different colours and names. Totally, Shenzhen has got nearly 1000 lines for city transportation so far.
Blue buses of main line are named with 000, M000, 000A, 000B (000 represent numbers) and go trunk roads. With respect to yellow buses named with B000, they run on branch ways. When you find green buses named with E00、K000 (00 and 000 represent numbers) traveling on highway or expressway, you should be aware that they are expresses that pull up at a few stops. There are other buses in Shenzhen, such as night buses named with N00, tourist buses named with J00 and Holiday Special Line buses named with H00.
Generally, the service time is from 06:30 to 22:30. The common price ranges from 1yuan to 7yuan per person and the ticket price for air-conditioned buses is from 2yuan to 10yuan per person.
Hot Tours 2016
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour