Memorial Hall of Mao Zedong
Located under the Yinfeng Mountain of Shaoshan, the memorial hall of Mao Zedong was built in 1963 with a total area of 8,000 square meters, including eight attractions: the former residence of Mao Zedong, the tombs of Mao Zedong's parents, former private school of Mao Zedong, Nan'an, statue of Mao Zedong, Ancestral Temple of Mao family, Mao Jian Ancestral Temple, Mao Zhen Ancestral and statue of young Mao Zedong.
More and 5000 visitors have visited the hall, including more than 70 leaders of Chinese Communist Party and lots of foreign visitors. Now the memorial hall of Mao Zedong has become one of the 100 excellent patriotic education bases and an ideal place for people to memorize the great Chairman Mao.
To welcome the 110 anniversary birthday of Mao Zedong, memorial hall was converted and finally made into 12 exhibition rooms in 2003, eight displaying the achievement of Mao Zedong and four special exhibition halls. And the hall also makes great effort to organize interactive activities.
The building in the memorial hall of Mao Zedong is in the garden style and has been praised as a classical work in the modern garden buildings of China.
Top attractions in Shaoshan
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771