Located in central Shanxi Province, Pingyao is the typical temperate continental monsoon semi-arid climate. It has a moderate but dry weather; spring has large temperature difference, summer is scorching and rainy, autumn is pleasant with gradually reduced temperature and winter is cold, windy and dusty. The annual average temperature is 10.1 ℃, the annual amount of precipitation is 439mmm, which focus on summer, and it has 158 frost free days a year.
Autumn is quite agreeable in Pingyao with shining sun but suitable temperature; late September is the time of the popular photography festival. Winter thought cold, is also a good travelling time with less travelers but beautiful views with snow-cover ancient city. Therefore, the best time to travel in Pingyao is January, September and October.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour