Shandong wants to put tourists in the driver's seat
A proposed master plan for Shandong Self-Drive Tours, drawn up by the Shandong Provincial Tourism Planning and Design Institute, has been approved and will be implemented soon.
The first self-drive tour master plan in a Chinese province, this plan will be fully implemented over the period from 2010 to 2020.
According to the plan Shandong will set up over 180 auto camps to international standards, covering all 17 cities in the province. Of these, 80% of the camps will be built near scenic spots and tourist resorts and the other 20% will be located at destinations on freeways or in areas with beautiful scenery and will offer services including fuel, lodging, auto repair, and tourist information.
Currently Shandong doesn't have any auto camps that meet international standards. Shandong Tourism Administration will issue other relevant documents to regulate self-drive tours in the province.
Recommended China Guide :
About Our Company
China Travel Resources
What Our Customers Say
Eden and I returned home to Canada yesterday. Just wanted to send you a huge thank-you for all your hard work organizing our China trip. It was a fabulous trip. All the great things you made we were able to see and do while we toured your country. If I hear of anyone heading to China I will recom...
Read more testimonials...