Chinese name: 羊八井
Location: Yambajan Town, Dangxiong County, 90 km northwest of Lhasa City, Tibet Autonomous Region.
Entrance fee: 30 Yuan / person.
Extra services: hot spring bath (98 Yuan / person); lavipeditum (98 Yuan / person).
Opening time: 09:00-18:00
How to get there: The way for foreign travelers to enter Tibet is booking a Tibet tour or a China tour containing Tibet with a Chinese travel agent in advance.
Yambajan Geothermal Field
Located at an altitude of 4220 meters in the basin at the foot of Nyainqentanglha Mountains, the Yambajan covering 7000 square kilometers is known as the first geothermal power generation in mainland China as well as the highest altitude one in the world.
Yambajan Hot Spring
The water flowing from Yambajan stays at a temperature of about 47℃, which usually conduces an amazing picture of a mass of white vapor floating on the lake. At present, several indoor and outdoor thermal hot spring pools have been built on Yambajan geothermal field. It is a great enjoyment to have a spa in Yambaja, which is surrounded by snow-capped mountain ranges with snowflakes in winter. But it should be highly noticed that it is better not to spend a long time or do strenuous exercises in a highland spa, or else people probably suffer from serious altitude reaction.
Top attractions in Lhasa
Tours including Yambajan
Hot Tours 2016
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771