The Qutan Lamasery is located just 20 kilometers south of the county town of Ledu, as is often referred to as "the mini Forbidden City" by the local. This Tibetan temple has been strongly influenced by the Han architectural style of Ming Dynasty, the murals and frescos there are extremely valuable and rare.
The most striking feature of the Qutan Lamasery is that it naturally melds with its surroundings, set on the backdrop of snow-capped mountains and surrounded by rivers and valleys it seems that this monastery has organically grown from the dust. The beautiful and elegant design of the "mini Forbidden City" has lead to its growth in stature as a tourist destination.
The Qutan Lamasery has three courtyards separating the outside world for the inner bowels of the temple, the entire temple covers a large 1.4 hectares and is surrounded by sandalwood pine and cypress, showing a beautiful internal aesthetics, the temple also holds bell and drum tower, both influences from the Ming Dynasty.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771