Marriage Tradition of Yunnan Ethnic Minority
Teenage people of Dai nationality enjoys free romantic relationship. When they are around thirteen, young men will be well dressed and go to the girls’ home in the evening, trying to attract girls’ attention by performing all kinds of sounds or music.
The main ceremony of Dai people’s wedding is Tying Up Thread which symbolizes getting the couple’s heart tight together.
Flower Street and Red Rope as Token for Love --Chuang National Minority Marriage
Chuang people says that folksong is the first matchmaker. Their singing party in every year falls on the third day of the third lunar month. All the young people get together to the Flower Street to sing to each other, looking for a date. Another loving method is Red Rope as Token for love. The first thing for the bridegroom to do in the wedding is tie his red rope up to the bride’s which is attached in the table leg. This ritual symbolizes forever love.
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour