Chinese name: 赤柱市場
Location: in the south of Stanley, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong.
Opening time: 09:00-18:00
How to get to Stanley Market:
- take metro and exit from Exit D of Hong Kong Station (香港站), or Exit A of Central Station (中環站), and then walk to Exchange Square Bus Station (交易廣場) to transfer buses No. 6, 6A, 6X, 66 or 260;
- take metro and exit from Exit B of Causeway Bay Station (銅鑼灣站), and then walk to Tang Lung Street (登龍街) to transfer minbus No.40;
- take buses No. 6、6A、6X、66、73、260、973 or minibus No.40; almost every bus line to get to Stanley Market will go through the station of Repulse Bay (淺水灣).
Introduction to Stanley Market
As a popular market town as well as a tourist attraction in Hong Kong, the Stanley Market is a traditional old open-air market, which is bustling especially on weekends. Well known for its relaxed ambience, crisp sea environs and bargains, a great variety of stalls and shops in the Stanley Market sell inexpensive souvenirs, art works, traditional Chinese dresses, clothes accessories and bric-a-bracs; silk pieces, extra large clothes, gym suits, jeans, toys, ornaments, southeast Asian baubles, luggage, paintings and all kinds of Chinese arts and crafts are found in Stanley Market as well.
More about the market in Stanley
It is a great fun in Stanley market of Hong Kong to be a bargain-hunter, singling out clothing and accessories or irresistible souvenirs, and haggling with shopkeepers or stallholders. And if felling peckish, there stands sorts of funky bars and great restaurants in the marketplace as well as along the seafront, operating both Chinese and western foods. Among these interesting restaurants around Stanley Market, the one named Murray House is deserved to be mentioned. It is a three-storey Victorian style and was originally built in 1846 in Central District, which was dismantled later in 1982 and restored in Stanley in 1998 reserving the same appearance with parts of its previous material of stones. Now, the Murray House serves as a western-style restaurant and has an exhibition hall for precious antiques and pictures. Stand by the Murray House is the Blake Pier, which was also located in Central District primarily, and dismantled in 1965 and then rebuilt to Morse Park; at present, it regains its original role as a public pier in Stanley, complementing the colonial architectural style of Murray House and the beautiful landscape of Stanley Bay.
Top attractions in Hong Kong
Tours including Stanley Market
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771