Qilou Old Street
Chinese name: 骑楼老街（Qilou Laojie）
Location: No.60 Zhongshan Road, Longhua District, Haikou, Hainan Province, China
Opening time: all day long
How to get there: Take bus 3, 5, 6, 7, 14 in downtown Haikou and get off at Zhonglou station.
Best time for visit: all year round
Recommended time for a visit: 2-3 hours
Introduction to Qilou Old Street
Located in Haikou, Hainan Province, Qilou Old Street is one of the Chinese famous historic streets. It features a stylish fusion of European and Asian architecture, as well as Indian and Arabic influences. Qilou, or Chinese arcade houses form the city's most exotic landscapes, and they can principally be found on Bo'ai Street, Zhongshan Street, Xinhua North Street, Deshengsha Street and Jiefang Street.
In total, there are more than 200 Qilou buildings in the street, including 39 by Zhongshan Street. The oldest building, Sipai Building, dates back some 600 years to the Southern Song Dynasty.
Historically, the street has housed consulates, churches post offices, banks and chambers of commerce belonging to 13 different countries. Today, it remains Haikou's business center whilst also giving visitors a taste of traditional Haikou life.
Top attractions in Haikou
Hot Tours 2019
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour
China City Tours
Tel:0086 773 5833156
Fax:0086 773 5817771