Chinese Kung Fu
Far and wide known as Kungfu (功夫) all over the world, Chinese martial art is also called Wugong (武功) or Wushu (武术) at home by Chinese people. It can be seen as an art of attack and defense in which a series of skills and trick are highly emphasized.
Being a characteristic martial culture, Kungfu agglomerates the Confucius, Taoist and Buddhist theories of keeping one's mind in equanimity and nourishing one's vital spirit, while vigorousness permeates the soft theory simultaneously, with ancient Chinese transcendents&amp;rsquo; insights of life and the universe.
Having been developing for thousands of years, not only is Kungfu simply a kind of martial art but also it has become a precious cultural treasure, a way of body building as well as sport fashion. Made up of various styles, Kungfu always charms its fans with its ever-changing and challengeable skills, from all kind of Kungfu shows to Chinese Kungfu films.
- 1. History and Development of Chinese Kungfu
- 2. Main Styles of Traditional Chinese Kungfu
- 3. Where to learn Chinese Kungfu in China?
- 4. Famous Chinese Kung Fu Stars & Classic Kungfu Movies
More Topics for Chinese Culture
Functioning as a huge stone and earthen military engineering, the Great Wall (长城, Chang Cheng) is built in different ages of ancient China for defense against different northern nomadic tribes. Twisting and turning for 8851.8 kilometers like a resting giant dragon, the Great Wall traverses North China from the Tiger Mountain of Liaoning Province in the east to the Jiayu Pass (嘉峪关...
Being a vivid Chinese cultural specialty as well as Kungfu and traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese tea has been being developed in China for a long time accompanied with which a series of tea culture took shape. Widely known in Chinese history as a fortuitous discovery of Shennong (神农), a renowned Chinese legendary chieftain and respected physician in the far ancient times...
Hot Tours 2013
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour