Located in Xiangxi, Fenghuang food falls into Xiangxi cuisine. Its people are adept in making various kinds of game, bacon and brawn with firewood and coal. And they are fond of much salty, spicy and sour food. For your information, their way of making salted meat are unique, first salting away then curing the meat. Actually, you can try such Xiangxi cuisine as Duck in Qianzhou, lichen, fern, Huiguo meat (twice-cooked pork often with chili seasoning), tofukasu, sour cabbage soup.
Fenghuang Ginger Candy (凤凰姜糖)
Ginger candy, the speciality in Fenghuang, has a history of more than a hundred years. Made by hand, ginger candy tastes crisp, sweet and spicy due to its main ingredients brown sugar, white sugar, ginger, sesame, tea oil and spring. Not only does it stimulate your appetite, but warm your stomach and prevent a cold.
Duck Stewed with Duck Blood and Sticky Rice (血粑鸭子)
Duck stewed with duck blood and sticky rice is one of the most distinctive dishes in Xiangxi, if not, in Fenghuang. How to make it? First, soak the sticky rice in the water, then put it in a bowl. Second, kill the duck and let its blood dropping in the rice so that the two can mix together. When the blood clots, steam it before setting it aside and cutting it into patches. Next, fry it with vegetable oil. Now stew the duck until it is well-done, and at this time place the blood and rice in the duck and add some condiments to it. When the dish is golden, you can try it immediately! It is indeed a rare delicacy that will impress you most!
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour