Dalian is the warmest city in northeast China, which falls in the north temperate monsoon type a continental climate. The annual average temperature is 10℃, of which the hottest month is August with an average temperature of 24℃ and the coldest month is January with an average temperature of -5℃. The summer in Dalian is quite comfortable with only an average 10 to 12 days that the maximum temperature over 30℃. It rains heavily in Dalian and the summer is the rain season that makes up 60% to 70% of the annual rains, while it often rains in the night instead of in the daytime.
The best time to travel in Dalian is from May to September when the Dalian is an ideal resort to avoid summer heat with cool sea; during the time, there are also many festivals and celebrations like the first grand festival of the year, the Sophora Japonica Festival on May. After September, the weather gets colder, but it is the season for angling by the sea in September and October, and the ice lantern festival in Bingyu Alley and hunting in Jinshitan Scenic Spot are popular activities in winter. If travel in winter, just make sure to have made adequate preparations for the severe weather with down jacket, woolen sweaters, gloves, warm pants and heated shoes that are easy for walking.
Hot Tours 2016
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour