Located in between Inner Mongolia Plateau and North China Plain, chengde falls into continental monsoon climate, with distinct four seasons, sufficient sunshine and large difference in temperature between day and night. The annual temperature is 8.9℃on average, and the frost-free period lasts 160 days. In the spring, it seldom rains and people tend to feel dry. When it comes to summer, it turns mild and thunder shower often visits the city. In autumn, it is cool while as winter sets in, the temperature drops but it does not snow much.
While people can tour around chengde throughout the year, April to october are the best time to visit, taken the natural beauty into account.
Hot Tours 2018
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour