Climate is much different in different areas of Chamdo as a result of complicated terrain. Climate in southeast Chamdo is mild and humid, and in northwest and northern Chamdo dry and cold. Generally speaking, the climate is cold with annual average temperature around 7 Celsius degrees and 8 Celsius degrees. In addition, temperature varies greatly within a single day.
The area near the Chamdo Bangda Airport is nice for travelling all the year round while other areas are mountainous and off-limits from November to March next year because of heavy snow. Most annual rainfall comes in the rainy season that starts from June to August when mudslide occurs very often. Therefore, the best time to visit Chamdo is from April through May and from September through October.
Hot Tours 2020
- 3 Days Zhangjiajie Tour from Guangzhou
- 4 Days Beijing and Xi'an Highlights Budget Tour
- 8 Days Beijing, Huangshan & Shanghai Combo
- 10 Days Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai Budget Tour
- 13 Days Classic China Budget Tour with Yangtze Cruise
- 10 Days Cuisine Feast Tour with All the Major China Cuisines
- 16 Days Yangtze Historical and Picturesque Tour
- 28 Days Fantastic China Highlights One Month Tour