VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
After finishing the sightseeing tour in Xiahe, we were driven back to Lanzhou, from where we would head for Zhangye. We boarded the bullet train from Lanzhou to Zhangye and started the 4.5-hour “sightseeing trip” on the train.
Zhangye is a popular travel route for those both domestic and international tourists who want to explore the Silk Road. It was once in ancient times known as Ganzhou and was a famous commercial port on the Silk Road. Merchants from the west kept coming here for trading. Irrigation from the Black and Shandan rivers makes lead to highly advanced irrigation systems. It gained a reputation as lush southern-type fields in the desert. Today zhangye is again experiencing economic growth with tourism and manufacturing leading the way, its famous multi-coloured folding mountains that I saw in a Chinese movie are what first drew me to this oasis in the desert, I wanted to see with my own eyes what made this place to attractive to tourists. ...
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari