VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Hengshan Mountain in Hunan, often called Nanyue (Southern Mountain) and Longevity Mountain, is one of the most famous Five Great Mountains of China (Mt. Taishan in Shandong Province, Mt. Huashan in Shaanxi Province, Mt. Hengshan in Shanxi Province, Mt. Hengshan in Hunan Province and Mt. Songshan in Henan Province). Among the five mountains, Mount Hengshan in Hunan is said to be the most graceful one with green foliage and blossoms all the year around.
Being one of the three major religions in the world, Buddhism was founded between the 6th and the 4th century B.C. by Siddhartha Gautama, a prince of Kapilavastu (a region of the ancient Shakya kingdom) of ancient India. It was introduced into China via the Silk Road approximately at the 1st century according to Chinese historical records and was spread throughout the country soon. Until today, Buddhism still influences many Chinese's thoughts and values more or less in their daily life and the Five Sacred Mountains of Buddhism commonly recognized in the ancient time are still widely believed as the ashrams of the five major Buddhas of Buddhism.
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari