VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
If you have been to Guangxi Province, China, you may already know the incredibly beautiful Guilin and Li River. But you may know little about the cuisine tradition of Guilin. Today I will introduce a kind of Guilin food and its culture - Oil-tea. According to the recording documents, Oil-tea can be dated back to China’s Qing Dynasty (1636-1912) when it was called Refreshing Tea.
Although it has been winter time in China, the climate of Guilin is still temperate, ranging from 28 degree centigrade to about 12 degree centigrade. Long heard about Lipu, which was renowned for its huge and delicious Lipu Taros, we decided to have a rural life experience tour last weekend.
September the 3rd, 2009, a special day in China, the Chinese Zhongyuan Festival comes. For Chinese people, there are two kinds of calendars we are using among centuries, the solar calendar and the lunar one, the solar one is the same date as the one we usually talk about in our daily lives while the lunar one was commonly used in the old China but is still being used by many people to record their birthdays, the date and it is even used to judge the lucky level on each day and it is used to keep the agricultural seasons for the farmers. Today is the July 15 of the lunar calendar, the traditional Chinese festival today is also called the Hungry Ghost. I have witnessed the celebration activities in Guilin. ...
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari