VOC's Travel BLOG
Our Travel Blog is the place to share our real life, travel experiences in China with you. Besides, we will provide information related to Chinese culture and China travel guide. "A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near." Traveling makes us to be closer, let's discover China together!
Panda is the national treasure of China. The celebrating ceremony to welcome the two Olympic Panda residents-Fengyi and Meixin was held in Dec. 26th in the Seven Star Park of Guilin, a world-famous international tourism city, historical and cultural city and ecological city. The Seven Star Park has breed pandas for about 30 years and six pandas (No.9, Weilun, Meimei, Taotao, Yueyue and Yangyang) have been breed here. And the two pandas would meet visitors from the New Year of 2010....
As I am living in Guilin for half a year now, I think I should get to know my cultural surrounding as well. So, last weekend I decided to go to Seven Star Park spontaneously. Compared to other prices, the entrance fee (35Yuan) is quite high. But already when I was walking along the flower bridge, I knew it was worth its money. I was faced with beautiful scenery: beautiful hills, the river and alleys. Everything was of a beautiful green. First I went to the old Qixia Temple, which originates from Tang Dynasty, and was overwhelmed by the Buddha statues and the silence everywhere. I found it a very peaceful place and took some time to have a rest. Unfortunately the only monks I saw were asleep. I would have loved to see them praying or practicing other things. The altars were emblazed and incense sticks were enlightened. All in all it was easy to forget the city outside and find some moments for myself.
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by Sophy
- The most terrifying bridge in the world will open soon-by Kitty
- A Trip to the Little Zhangjiajie - Lotus Mountain-by H.P.Heltzel
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Mahesh
- Can not miss Shanghai Disneyland, China-by Lucy
- To encounter nonconventional sites in Guilin - a different but splendid tour-by Haphine
- My Trip to Gansu Province: Zhangye - amazing Danxia landform-by Denise
- Great weekend in Silver Cave scenic area, Guilin-by Mari